Sunday, February 13, 2005

I guess I have to start somewhere

Today I'm moving house across town and flying half way around the world, so it seems like a good day to start a blog. I've been thinking about it for a while, and I'm still not sure whether it's a good idea or not. Will I become hopelessly addicted to blogging? Will anyone ever read my blog? Will it be even more annoying, for my friends and family, to get an email saying "read my blog", rather than a group email?

Before starting blogging, I had to think up a blog name. So I did a bit of a search online to get some inspiration - I found some funny ones, I wish I'd noted down the link. I'm already failing as a blogger. I loved ScaryDuck's tagline (not scary, not a duck).

There are 2 blogs I take my inspiration from. One is my friend Short and Sweet (ooh, a link), who appears to be becoming somewhat of a celebrity in the NZ ex-librarians-in-training-who-are-now-preggers blog scene. The other is my friend Dave, and I would post the link to his blog, except he only ever made two entries and then deleted it. After emailing everyone he knew to announce he was starting a blog.

2 hours until the movers arrive, I'd better pack some more.

R.