Thursday, July 28, 2005

and the kiwi flies

Not too far for now. About a mile south, from south Berkeley to north Oakland. I'm moving on Sunday, which will be interesting as I expect to have a hangover from a birthday party on Saturday.

I'll be living with an Indian bridge retrofit engineer, who is promising to be quite a character. He's weird, but in a good way. The house is something like a hundred years old, and it's right by the freeway but when I was there the window was open and the noise level was ok. I think it will be interesting but not perfect, but that doesn't matter because it's likely to be for only 3 months anyway.

I'm fairly certain I'll accept the position in Australia. Still asking questions to make sure I know what I'm getting into. Also, there's the minor technicality that I haven't been officially offered the job yet. Details, details.

R.