Saturday, January 28, 2006

It's my year

Happy Year of the Dog, everyone.

To celebrate, I've been sitting inside my house all day, with the aircon on. It's way too hot to go outside (39C). I did that yesterday, anyway. Twice. Although I might go for a swim later.

Anyway, as it's too hot to think, I'll just do a meme which has been floating around, that I found on the Editter's blog. Even though I wasn't tagged for it. You know how it is.

First line of first post for each month of the last year:

Today I'm moving house across town and flying half way around the world, so it seems like a good day to start a blog. The rapture: When all believers in Jesus Christ, who have been born again, are taken up to heaven. I was meaning to make this map when Violet posted it, but then forgot about it. I was talking the other day with a friend about the implications of living internationally - being someone whose work allows them to work in all kinds of places around the globe. So I just got an email from a friend of mine. Every now and again someone asks me what 4th of July is like in my country - do we have fireworks etc. Anyone here in the US watch Six Feet Under on Sunday? Went to Cape Cod - wonderful. I just got back last night from a week in Cali, Colombia. I made it to Australia. Isn't it funny how people you've never met can influence you?

I quite like it. I think it gives a rather good synopsis of my 2005. You can tell I travelled a lot, I have friends, I like Six Feet Under. Let's just ignore the sentence about the rapture, shall we?

R.