Monday, June 13, 2005

Where did the weekend go?

Things I meant to do this weekend:
  • Proofread another chapter of my friend's thesis
  • Start the application for a job in Australia (this is just a backup plan)
  • Tidy my desk
  • Sort out outstanding paperwork from my thumb surgery and physio
  • Start designing the new Berkeley Postdoc Association website
  • Go to hapkido

What I did this weekend:

  • Went to a hilarious improv performance
  • Went to hapkido (it was a mixed adults and kids class so we played lots of games, including one where we had to try and steal each other's tails (belts) and I was Mean Rabbit and almost made one of the kids cry)
  • Played tourist at Fisherman's Wharf and Ghirardelli Square (free samples in the Ghirardelli chocolate shop)
  • Watched three episodes of Six Feet Under, one twice (cos it had audio commentary)
  • Finished The Lovely Bones
  • Went to the Live Oak Park Fair and bought some stuff (including The Editter's birthday present...) and had a massage
  • Went to book club where we ripped apart Wicked and decided on A Round-Heeled Woman for the next read
  • Finally got through level 47 of boxworld

At least I went to hapkido.

R.