Thursday, October 27, 2005

Random thoughts

Because it would be far too much to expect me to have coherent thoughts at this stage.

1. Yesterday I shipped 200lb of stuff to Australia and my room is still full. I don't understand. Where did all this stuff come from?

2. The other day there were the cutest raccoons in a tree outside the Free Speech Movement Cafe. Four of them. Awwwww.

3. Yesterday was rainy and cold so that makes me look forward more to moving Down Under. Today however is sunny and warm.

4. On my list of things I am looking forward to about Australia, I forgot to put living by myself. There are a number of things my current housemate doesn't seem to understand, including: turning off lights, designated fridge space, doors, turning off the oven.

5. I met a nice Australian (I know! who would've thought those words could go together?) bloke* last night who told me the town I'm moving to is lovely place.

6. I am feeling more or less organised with this move. Which means that I must have forgotten something hideously important.

7. Yesterday I found my plane tickets. I was relieved to find I hadn't shipped them to Australia.

8. It's been a week of goodbyes and 'lasts' (e.g. last hapkido class) and there are more to come - I think I've changed my mind! I want to stay!

9. I have both a pumpkin carving party and a Night of the Living Dead party on Saturday. Somehow they feel like appropriate ways to farewell America.

10. That's all.

R.

* we were at The Alley, and I made him sing Tie Me Kangaroo Down, Sport with me.