Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Houses I have lived in #326

I've been thinking I might buy a house here. Last night I flicked through The Australian Home Buyer's Guide (yep, the apostrophe really is there, it's a guide for one single buyer) and decided that unless I'm going to live here for at least 5 years it's probably not worth it. And I don't really plan on living here for that long, although you never know. Although it's very tempting to buy a house just to get the $7000 first home buyer's grant. And if I find an amazing little cottage with river views and swimming pool, within my price range, then I guess I would consider buying it...

In the meantime, the little house I'm renting is actually pretty cool. Really the only things wrong with it are that there is no off-street parking and no bathtub. And the lease agreement says no pets, but I might see if they'll let me have a cat anyway. Or maybe I'll just get one and then hide it when the next inspection happens.

Anyway, all this is leading up to some photos of my current abode. So without further ado:

This is the pathway to my house. It's a bit of a jungle. But at least it's nice and green when so much else around here is yellow and brown from lack of rain.



The front door is on the right of the living room.



Or on the left of the living room, depending on which way you are facing.



I love my kitchen. This is a good thing.



My bed is never made. I guess I just pulled up the cover for this photo. Although these days, with night time temperatures barely dipping below 30C, the cover is now lying on the floor at the foot of the bed. I really like the bed I bought, but it has given me quite a few bruises. I'm such a klutz that I keep on walking into / whacking body parts on the foot of the bedstand.



This is in the corner of my bedroom. It is the fuse box. But I've disguised it as montage of an eskimo kayaker hunting a giant rabbit.



And this the back of my house. You might be able to spot the tv antenna propped against the fence. This would explain why I have crappy tv reception.




There are other rooms in the house - a toilet room, a bathroom and a spare room - but they don't contain anything all that exciting.

If I'm going to stay then I should really do something about the garden. But if I'm going to move in a couple of months then why bother. Decisions, decisions.

R