Monday, March 13, 2006

This morning, outside my bedroom window*

A jackhammer.

Bidididididi bidididididididididi bididididididiidididididididididiidididididi

An electric saw.

Nyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii nyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

Workmen shouting over the ruckus of the jackhammer and the saw.

"Tjfieakejh!" "What? I can't hear you!!!"

A hammer.

Tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk tonk.

Ok, turns out that last one was my clock striking eight.

Practically every morning since I moved here in November, workmen have been arriving on the building site next door at the crack of dawn, to beat the heat of the day. The concrete mixer a few weeks back was bad enough, but that jackhammer. Grrrrr.

I can't wait until the house next door is finished. It will probably be the same day I decide to move.

R.

* Readers will, of course, recognise this as an oft-used post title in a world famous blog