Sunday, March 26, 2006

What's the time mister wolf?

"Parliament has legislated to extend daylight saving in 2006 to coincide with the Commonwealth Games by one week to 2 April 2006."

Aside from being a poorly constructed sentence, it's just stupid. It means random computer systems will be out by an hour because they think daylight saving happened this morning. My computer seems to know the time, as does my cellphone. Outlook calendar, however, does not. On the plus side, maybe I can use this an excuse to be an hour late to all my meetings tomorrow. Which would be useful, cos I have a 9am one.

I only just realised that because NZ has just done the daylight savings thing, they're only one hour ahead for this week. I wish I'd known that when I thought about ringing my sister at 7.30pm my time but then thought, nah, it's probably too late there.

I'm confused.

R