Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Melbourne highlights and lowlights

Highlights:
  • breakfast on Acland St, St Kilda, served by a particularly gorgeous waiter
  • shopping on Acland St
  • coffee in Williamstown with a gorgeous view of the city
  • shopping on Chapel St
  • the atmosphere at the AFL game
  • the Picasso exhibition
  • the beautiful Yarra valley on the drive in
  • turning my travel companion into Juanes' biggest fan
  • seeing people other than white anglos
Lowlights:
  • being forced off the freeway at Benalla due to an accident and ending up driving into Melbourne via the Yarra valley, which meant about 100 traffic lights to get to the MCG via the eastern suburbs, turning a 3 1/2 hour trip into a 5 1/2 hour trip
  • getting rained on at the AFL
  • the ACCA (Australian Centre for Contemporary Art) exhibition - I like modern art, but this exhibition made no sense and was kinda boring
  • logging on to email when I got home, and discovering that the friends I thought were out of town were actually in Melbourne all weekend, waiting for my call
There are actually more highlights, but as they mostly involved shopping and coffee, I thought I'd omit them so as not to be too repetitive.

R