Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Hey hey ho ho IR laws have got to go!

It's not the best rally cry in the world, but at least it rhymes.

This morning I participated in a nationwide union-organised protest against the government's industrial relations laws. I don't really have a point, except to point out that there was a protest march and I was there. The main gathering was at the MCG in Melbourne. I joined the march down the main street of my town.

I was trying to remember if I've ever been to other protests - I vaguely remember something at uni, probably a protest against increasing student fees.

Anyway, in case you're wondering, today's protest wasn't a particularly subversive one for me to join, given that everyone I know is opposed to the IR laws and my boss was standing next to me the whole time...

Question: have you ever been part of a protest? What was it for?

R