Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Babies, babies everywhere

Not much to say really, except that everyone seems to be having babies lately. Two of my friends have had babies this year already, and it's only March. And a whole heap of my friends have toddlers, I'm having trouble keeping track of how old they all are. It seems that the era of twenty-firsts is well and truly over, and the era of weddings seems to be coming to an end, and we are well and truly into the era of sprogs. I guess that's what happens when you're 34.

It makes me wonder whether I'll do the baby thing. I'm not stressed about it, it will either happen, or it won't. It's certainly unlikely that I'd be doing a postdoc in Berkeley right now if I had babies. But I would also quite happily make room in my life for a family. The biological clock thing is a bit unfair, I must say. But on the whole, I'm not one to worry about such things.

Babies can be unfeasibly cute sometimes, though.

R.