Friday, February 25, 2005

What's it all about?

This blogging thing I mean. I think I've figured out the self-absorbed musings bit. I need to work on the interesting links side of things. For me, it's also a way to keep writing - so maybe it's not as creative as it could be, but it's better than nothing.

So I was wondering why other people blog. I clicked a few links and discovered that, on blogspot alone, 360 people updated their blogs in the last 60 seconds. At that rate, it's over half a million people in a 24-hour period. That's rather a lot! Who on earth reads it all? But I won't let that fact deter me. I'll assume I have a loyal fan base who just can't wait to hear what fascinating gem I will come up with next. The alternative is depressing, if more realistic.

Also, I took note of some of the more interesting blog names. No links, as I can't vouch at all for the content. Here they are:
-insert title of blog here-
my blog
it's a new year for funquita and her nutter butter
sockparade
take a dip in lake me
chainsaw panda welcomes you
i think not scooter

Obviously I have a penchant for the nonsensical. At least, I'm hoping chainsaw panda isn't literal.

R.