Wednesday, March 29, 2006

A meme

Ms Mac said it was OK to pinch this, and I believe everything Ms Mac says.

1. How did you get the idea for your profile name? I'm a kiwi and I fly sometimes
2. What song are you playing now, or wish you were playing? For some reason, I have Quizas, quizas, quizas in my head. I only know some of the words, so I make them up as I go along (in Spanish).
3. Has the death of a celebrity ever made you cry? Not that I can recall.
4. What colour underwear are you wearing? I had to check. Black. Today my knickers and bra actually match.
5. Do you want a baby? I liked Ms Mac's response (baby panda or polar bear - but remember, a baby panda or polar bear is not just for Christmas). Yes.
6. What does your dad do for a living? Computer geek, croquet tournament planner and player, organist, competitive sudoku-ist (against my mum), teller of jokes and convoluted stories
7. What does your mum do for a living? Volunteer for all kinds of things, chorister, croquet player, competitive sudoku-ist (against my dad), laugher at jokes and convoluted stories
8. What is/are your pet's name(s)? Don't have a pet, but I'm thinking of getting a cat. Just as soon as I figure out whether I'm staying here for a while.
9. What colour are your bed sheets? Gold
10. What are the last 3 digits of your phone number? 511
11. What was the last concert you went to?
What's her name. Sings about a parking lot. Mia Dyson, that's it. Although Opera in the Alps (which was neither opera, nor in the alps) may have been after that. Oh, I tell I lie, I saw some jazz the other week, they were called The Wizard and Oz.
12. Who was with you? Friends from work.
13. What was the last film you watched? L'Appartement. It's the French film that Wicker Park was based on. I saw Wicker Park the other week and thought it was ok. But now I've watched L'Appartement I can confirm the Americans got it completely wrong with their adaptation (surprise, surprise). I wish I'd seen L'Appartement first. Way better.
14. Who do you dislike most at this moment?
Can't really think of anyone. Lindsay Lohen's a bit annoying.
15. What food do you crave right now?
To be honest, a glass of water. But that's only because I've already had my dinner and I'm going to bed soon.
16. Did you dream last night? Don't think so.
17. What was the last TV show you watched? The Glass House. Fantastic Australian standup comedy.
18. What is your fav piece of jewellery? I don't wear jewellery a lot. But I guess my favourite piece is my raw opal and silver bracelet that I made myself.
19. What is to the left of you? A blue thai silk handbag with gold elephants on it (not real elephants, you understand).
20. What was the last thing you ate?
Lindt Intense Orange Dark Chocolate
21. Who is your best friend of the opposite sex? Huh. Good question. There's a few contenders in various countries. But I think I'll go with nephew #2. Because he fights for his right to sit next to me in the car when I visit.
22. Who last MSN'd you? Chris in San Francisco
23. Where is your significant other right now? No idea. I'd like to think, just around the corner (metaphorically speaking - otherwise that's just creepy)

24. Do you have a crush? I have a few mini crushes
25. What is his/her name? Not saying.
26. When was the last time you had your hair cut? 3 hours ago.
27. Are you on any meds? Nope
28. Do you have a mental disease? Not that I'm aware of.
29. What shirt are you wearing? Orange stripey thing I've had for years.
30. Are you sexy? What kind of question is this? What kind of people say no? Yes, dammit.
31. What's your favourite store? Anything that's not a chain store. Markets. Independent music and book shops.
32. Are you thirsty? Yes. I think I'll go have that glass of water now.
33. Can you imagine yourself ever getting married?
Yes. I mean, there's still space for a photo on my mother's wall by the stairs...
34. Who's someone you haven't seen in a while and miss? Oh, so many people. I've seen the NZ contingent of my family relatively recently (i.e., this year), so, my niece and nephew in Bangkok.
35. Where do you work? At a university.

Isn't it annoying how you think a meme is a lazy blog entry, that it won't be much work, and then it ends up taking so long.

R