Thursday, April 14, 2005

Snippets

Hair
I now can't live without my hair straightening iron. I finally understand people who won't go swimming because they don't want to get their hair wet (won't stop me but I know I'll have bad hair for the rest of the day). On the upside, washing my hair is pure joy. You can't imagine. And I can part my hair wherever I want!

My dreads are still in a bag in my car boot.

Icecream social
I walked past an icecream social on my way into work today. I was imagining vanilla introducing chocolate to strawberry and the three of them having a menage a trois... neopolitan!

T Rex has new shoes
Our T Rex skeleton in my building had blue plastic bags on his (her?) feet the other day, I think they were painting the platform underneath in preparation for Cal Day (more on that later). I meant to take a photo because it was cute, but I forgot to bring my camera.

My bank wants to give me a digital camera
Ever since getting my credit card I've had so many offers for other credit cards, all kinds of schemes, and this latest one is some travel thing and you get a free camera if you fill out the survey. What's ironic is that it was such a struggle to get my first American credit card (no credit history in this country). This is boring. Next topic.

Parking ticket
I finally pushed my luck in the 2 hour parking zone too far. I've been progressively leaving my car there for longer and longer before moving it... 2 1/2 hours, 3 hours, 3 1/2 hours... on Tuesday I finally got a ticket. Dammit.

GPS
It is exactly 1km (1.6 miles) from my house to my office.
Edit: Sheesh. And I call myself a mathematician (actually, I call myself a GIS Goddess, but I did do my undergraduate in maths). Multiply, divide, whatever. 1.6 miles is in fact 2.6km.

Comments
Why does nobody comment on my blog? Am I that boring? :( I guess I need to go mingle more in the blogosphere. But I really, really appreciate those who do comment. I like you guys a lot.

R.