Saturday, May 19, 2007

Introducing...

WARNING:To Stella and her ilk (i.e. if you're the kind of person who in response to: "Do you like cats?" replies: "Yes but I couldn't eat a whole one."

Here be cute fluffy kitten photos.

Continue reading at your own peril...

Yesterday I adopted an 8-week-old kitten. He's very useful at getting the cobwebs out from behind the fridge. He's also a VERY good climber, a very loud purrer, and as a preference sleeps on throats and heads. Which would be cuter if not for the incredibly loud purr in one's ear at the same time. He did give me a nice scalp massage last night though.

I'm still undecided on a name, so I can't get him a name tag yet, so I can't let him outside yet in case he wanders - although he is microchipped and also has a bell on his collar to give the birds plenty of warning.

I think he's probably Loki (Scandanavian trickster god), and I can also call him Loquito (little crazy one in Spanish). That could just be asking for trouble though.

So then I thought of Morpheus - to encourage him to be a sedate, sleepy cat - but I' m not sure it suits him.

A canine friend of mine is called Porter, because he's the same colour as the beer, so along the same lines I thought of Stout - which coincidentally means naughty in Dutch.

I've always liked the name Taliesin for a pet, but it seems a little unwieldy for such a small thing.

And then there's always Ron - purr in Spanish is ronronear.

Anyway, I think I've written enough now so that those who are averse to cute fluffy kitten photos won't have burned their eyes unless they scrolled down, and I did give you fair warning. So here are some photos.





What do you think his name should be? [note: Roadkill has already been suggested]

R (& kitten)